About this exploration
Ever wanted to see DOLPHINS in the wild in Malaysia? And have your very own dolphin ecologist guide on board? Then join The MareCet Research Organization for a day trip to the Matang mangroves along the coast of Perak, for a chance to spot dolphins and other wildlife in the tidal mudflats, and be given first hand information on the animals and their marine environment. Come and experience the beauty of the Matang Mangroves Forest complex, dubbed 'the best managed mangroves in the world' for over a century (since the days of colonial rule), and visit the 200 year-old fishing village of Kuala Sepetang, where time has not moved too fast.
The trip encompasses a 3-hour boat trip in search of dolphins and a walkabout the area, including a visit to the charcoal factories (if time permits). Guests have the chance* of seeing Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins and Irrawaddy dolphins. Lunch at a local restaurant in Kuala Sepetang village may be arranged upon request.
*Sightings are not guaranteed as these are wild animals, but, our guides will do their level best to search for dolphins where our research has shown to be their regular aggregation areas.
NOTE: Trips are subjected to crew's availability and tidal conditions. Guests may indicate their intended/preferred date and we will try our best to accommodate the guest's requested date.
- 50% refund 7 days prior to exploration date, except fee.
- 100% cancellation charged on NO SHOW or Less than 24 hours prior to event date.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, making it impossible to conduct the tour, we reserve the right to change to another tour or cancel the tour at our absolute discretion. In such eventuality, no resources or claims shall be made against us.
Remarks from host
1. If you are prone to sea sickness, please take motion sickness medication at least 30 minutes before the boat trip
2. The trip is open to individuals 18 years and above. Minors (10 - 17 year olds) are allowed to sign up for the trip but must be accompanied by their parents or adult guardians
3. Sightings of dolphins are not guaranteed as they are wild animals, but, we will try our best to spot them
4. Boat trip may be cut short in the event the weather turns bad while we are out there
5. The boat does not have a toilet facility (but we can improvise to have a toilet with a sea view)
6. All participants are required to sign an indemnity form after the on-site trip briefing
Day 110:00 AM - 05:00 PM
location_on Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve Kampung Kuala Sepetang Kuala Sepetang Perak Malaysia, Kuala Sangga Larut Dan Matang, Perak Malaysia
Malaysia · Joined in October 2017
The MareCet Research Organization is first and only non-profit, non-governmental organization solely dedicated to the research and conservation of marine mammals in Malaysia.
The name MareCet (pronounced ma-rei-set) is derived from the combination of the words Mare and Cetacean. The word Mare is from the Latin language that carries the meaning, ocean, while Cetacean is the scientific grouping of whales, dolphins and porpoises. By combining the two words into MareCet (with Cet being a shortened form of Cetacean), the name signifies the two main focus of the organization: (1) The ocean, in general and (2) marine mammals, in particular.
MareCet is committed to increasing scientific knowledge, implementing conservation actions, strengthening policies, and generating awareness on marine mammals and the greater marine environment.
No reviews yet
This Xploration doesn't have any reviews. If you go for this trip, your review will appear here.